Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Day 3 of My 30 Day Diet

When I weighed myself this morning, I was 128.8 which means I am losing water weight. I think that the water weight is residual left over from my monthly cycle that just ended four days ago. I tell you this because I don't want you to expect to lose over two pounds a week. It's not healthy to do so, and it's not realistic to expect to lose weight super fast. Before I began fasting, I weighed 123. After I ended the Holy Month of Ramadan, I weighed 131.8. I can't attribute all of those extra pounds to water weight gained during my cycle; it's more likely that I truly gained at least 5 pounds.
Studies show that lifting weight helps people lose weight faster. Yesterday, I did arm curls with my 5lb weights: 3 sets of 10. That was my workout. Hey, every little bit counts, and a little exercise is better than none at all. That should be your mantra. Every little bit counts. Whenever you can, you should try to incorporate some form of physical activity into your daily routine beyond what you already do. I decided to carry my backpack instead of rolling it to class today. It's a pretty heavy load with the thick law books inside, and I felt good knowing that I was burning more calories than I normally would by walking a good five minutes carrying at least 5 pounds.
Today, my diet consisted of similar meals as yesterday, right down to the pretzels. The same student who requested to have some of my pretzels yesterday came today with his hand outstretched. Again, I made him wait until after class before allowing him to indulge in my snacks. He once more proclaimed that he was really hungry. I think I might have a permanent lunch buddy on my hands.

Here's what I ate today:
Breakfast
1/4 egg beater - 30 calories 0 fat
1 waffle 90 calories 3 fat
1 tbsp syrup 15 calories 0 fat
1 tbsp veggie bacon bits 30 1 fat
_________________________________________________________________
165 calories 4 fat
Snack
10 honey wheat pretzels 110 1
_________________________________________________________________
275 calories 5 fat
Lunch
SeaPac Shrimp Co. Salmon Burger 110 calories 3 fat
1 tsp honey 20 calories 0 fat
1/2 cup of rice 230 calories 1.5
coffee (1/4 ff milk) 20 calories
__________________________________________________________________________________
655 calories 9.5 fat
Snack
2 Tootsie Rolls 26 calories 1 fat
__________________________________________________________________________________
681 calories 10.5 fat
Dinner (1/2 Tuna Sandwich)
1 slice of bread 120 calories 2.5 fat
1 slice of 2% swiss 70 calories 4.5 fat
1 tbsp Miracle Whip 40 calories 3.5 fat
1/4 cup Albacore Tuna 60 calories 1.0 fat
___________________________________________________________________________________
971 calories 22 fat
Snack
1 granola bar 100 calories 3 fat
___________________________________________________________________________________
1071 calories 25 fat

I'm under 1200 calories, but I have reached my fat limit. I might chomp on some cucumber slices just to get my calorie intake up without taking in more fat. Or, I might just go to bed. I'm pretty tired. Goodnight, and happy dieting.

2 comments:

  1. I was your best lunch buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read a article under the same title some time ago, but this articles quality is much, much better. How you do this.. flora spring diet

    ReplyDelete