Monday, September 21, 2009

Day 1 of My 30 Day Diet - Food Journal #1

Who isn't in a rush these days? I know that I am. Eating breakfast is one of the hardest things for me to schedule in. I'm up by 5 a.m. and rushing to get ready for work and out of the door by 6:20. If I'm lucky and if I plan, I can have breakfast at home. Today I was not lucky. I woke up late, and then, I went back to sleep for ten more minutes, making myself even more late. So, needless to say, I did not have time to make any breakfast. I did grab a lunch box Yohoo and a bottled water before setting off to work. I am a teacher, so in my classroom, there is a steady supply of sugar. I have an entire drawer of sweets. I tried to hold out, but by the end of fourth period, I gave in. I didn't worry too much about having the snacks because I knew I could cut calories later on my real meals. When I got home from work, I snacked on some pretzels before making dinner. The pretzels tasted great, and I made a mental note to bring some to work tomorrow. Pretzels are a better snack than Now-a-Laters. Dinner was great and extremely filling. I had a bottle of water before dinner, and that helped satiate my appetite. I feel that this day has gone well, and I'm going to go dance in my garage for ten minutes before heading out to law school. The specifics of my food journal are below.

1. Two Now-a-Laters at 13.3 calories a pop and 1 fat gram for 9 = 26.6 calories and 0 fat
2. One Airhead at 60 calories for the stick and 1gram of fat = 60 calories 1 fat
3. Two pieces of bubble gum at 20 calories a piece 0 fat= 40 calories 0 fat
4. Five Mambas at 19 calories a piece and approx 2 fat grams=95 calories 2 fat
5. 18 honey wheat pretzels 198 calories and 2 grams of fat= 198 2 fat
6. Two pieces of 4oz Tilapia fried with I Can't Believe It's
Not Butter Spray, seasoned with Fish Fry Batter,
& 1 tablespoon of butter. 335 calories 5 g fat
7. 1/2 cup of Lipton's Cheddar Broccoli rice 130 calories 1 fat.
8. Yohoo Chocolate Drink 100 1 fat
9. Two .5 liter bottles of water N/A
10. laffy taffy and tootsie roll - 55 calories 1 fat
___________________________________________________________________
1016.6 13 fat g

So, as you can see, I wasted a lot of my calories on junk food today during work, but it still didn't hurt my overall calorie intake. Tomorrow I am going to try to lay off the sugar and eat healthier snacks. It is 10:30 p.m., and I'm going to prepare my lunch for tomorrow. I am going to follow my own advice and plan ahead. I know this will help me avoid resorting to the candy drawer. 1 Day down- 29 to go.

Today's beginning weight was: 131.8 lbs
Pounds away from goal: 8.8

No comments:

Post a Comment