Sunday, October 11, 2009

The BEST Low Fat Honey Fried Chicken Recipe Ever!


How many of us dieters crave some delicious fried chicken but have to go without because of all of the fat involved? They say that the best creations and inventions come from those in need, and I was in need of some fried chicken this past Friday. I stopped for gas at a station located next to Popeyes, and the smell of the fried chicken stirred up a strong craving within me. So, I went home, and I got creative. The outcome was quite frankly amazing. Here is what you do:


1. Use a bag of flavored croutons (I used garlic flavored) and ground them into a powder almost. Ground them into as small of pieces as you can. I poured mine into a ziplock baggy and then used a hammer to just pound them into powder.

2. Take skinless/boneless chicken breasts and slice into strips.

3. Season the chicken the way you like- I like a little garlic pepper and salt.

4. Using about a cup and half of I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Spray (ICBNBS), fry the chicken strips until they are near done.

5. Pour the powdered croutons on a plate,

6. Heat up a cup of honey and 4 tablespoons of ICBNBS in a bowl using the microwave, about 30 sec.

6. Dip your strips into the honey/ICBNBS mix and then roll the strips in the powdered croutons.

7. Put the strips back in the pan and continue to fry.

8. Drizzle honey over the frying strips of chicken and sprinkle more of the powdered croutons on as the chicken fries.

9. Crisp both sides of the chicken and you're done.


If you do it right, it will be dee-lish, and far less fattening to your typical fried chicken dish. Enjoy.

* You can use chicken pieces with skin, but it is more fattening that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment