Monday, October 11, 2010

Third Year of Law School!!!!

Three years ago, I started a journey down a road that will hopefully lead to a law degree and a career in law. I can still recall the feeling of happiness, pride, and gratitude as I walked into the Boyd School of Law. Now, three years later, I sit in my secured transactions course trying to recapture that feeling of motivation and enthusiasm I felt during my first year of law school. I have to admit that while I'm still grateful to have this opportunity to be in law school, I am quickly losing steam. With only one more year to go after this one, I believe that I am catching an early strain of Senioritis. My classes are not any more difficult than they have been, but I am finding it considerably more difficult to remain engaged during the lessons. A perfect example of my inability to focus on the lecture is this moment in time right now. Currently, my professor is doing a great job (I'm sure) of discussing how to perfect a security interest by filing. However, I am obviously not paying complete attention, as I am on the internet blogging. In fact, as I look around at my peers, I see that they too are on the internet off task. It's not just this class either. In all of my classes this semester, I and my peers are finding it hard to stay off the net during the lecture. One guy told me that he was going to have to leave class early because his computer battery died, and he could not bear to remain without the internet to entertain him.
I am so happy to be in my third year of law school. Other students have dropped out or failed out by now, and I'm still here, yawning and playing on the internet. Woo hoo.

1 comment:

  1. As Salaamu Alaikum sister! Keep up the good work. Don't froget to ask Allah for whatever you need to get through this year. It will be over before you know it! I know a woman who just graduated law school and she was telling me all the things you can do with a law degree- community involvement, entertainment, political, whatever. I mean I'm sure you know all this already, but just let it be motivation for you that you are doing something very important, inshAllah! May Allah bless your journey!

    ReplyDelete